Monday, June 22, 2009

Week 4: Post 3 Types of Teams

There are various types of teams. There are three types of teams: project teams, work teams, and quality improvement teams. According to our text book on page 236, depending on the location of the members of the teams, they could all be considered a virtual team.
Project teams: which help coordinate the successful completion of a particular project.Work teams: is a group of employees responsible for the entire work process that delivers a product or service to a customer. Quality-improvement team: goals are to improve customer satisfaction, evaluate and improve team performance.
I fully understand what a work team and a quality improvement team is. I am a part time sales associate for a clothing store in the mall. The other sales associates and I are responsible for making sure the store is looking at its best, and all the customers are satisfied with our attitude and making sure all the customers are being helped. I guess my job is a hybrid of both of the type of teams I mentioned.
This summer I am beginning to recognize what a virtual team is as well. I am taking 2 online classes currently and one of them is comm41. The teacher assigns us group work; I however is spending the next month across the world in Switzerland. All I can do is use the internet to connect with my group members.

1 comment:

  1. I have experienced being a part of all three types of teams our text discusses. Project teams for me normally involve school projects for me. I am part of a work team at my job because I am a manager that supervises a staff that delivers a service to customers. In terms of quality-improvement teams I am always part of this team to improve our customers satisfaction and team performance.
    In the past I have had to be part of a virtual team as you have. I had a partner to work on a project. We never met, we did everything through communicating by email or chat. It was a very interesting process, but it went surprisingly smooth.

    ReplyDelete