Sunday, June 28, 2009

Week 5: Post 1- Motivation

Motivation: can be defined as “the degree to which an individual is personally committed to expending effort in the accomplishment of a specified activity or goal”. For this section our text is telling us how leaders motivate or discourage their group members. The texts mentions there are two ways of doing these tasks:
1) Provide information and feedback
2) Communicate with concern.
In my work experiences, on our one year review is when my manager gives us a packet of how they thought we did at work. She would circle 1 to 5, depending how satisfied she was with our work competence. I feel like whenever I got 5’s I would be very happy and it would motivate me to continue the way I have been working. If I get a 3 or a 4 under a category it would only make me work harder.

1 comment:

  1. Last week, woo hoo! I agree with what you wrote about how getting a 5 or 3 rating for your work review would motivate you to do better or work harder. I too myself feel the need to keep motivated and challenged at work. I always want to do better than the week before. Whether that means saying more positive things to my employees, smiling more, or even just doing a little extra around work, I choose to do my very best at any measure. Especially with economic times being so hard right now, it can get discouraging at work and make you want to give up sometimes. I try to look at the positive things and be fortunate that we have jobs!

    ReplyDelete